Window Doctorz employs the latest protective coatings technology and work practices in restoring old aluminium windows and doors. Our works methodology has been developed in conjunction with our major supplier DULUX, and can best be described as very professional and thorough with a major focus on attention to detail.
The restoration process is all carried out on site without the removal of fixed window frames.
The process involves the following stages:
- Removal of all sliding panels (windows, doors, security & fly screens) to a convenient location on site
- Sanding of all window frames and tracking to remove any oxidation, loose paint, grease and dirt as well as etching the existing existing surface
- Washing of all surfaces to ensure thorough cleanliness from dust, grease and oils
- Masking of panel glass and all frame surrounds – internally and externally
- Spray application of special etch primer and sealer to give a good bond for the new paint to the base metal
- Spray application of 4 coats of Dulux 2 pac paint* in customer’s choice of colour finish in gloss or satin. We can also give you metallic finishes with a protective UV coating. Refer colour chart – Dulux PDF
- Demasking following adequate drying period
* The 2 pac paints we use match to modern powder coat colours. The paints are free of isocyanides and lead and subsequently are safe to use around people and animals.
As part of a complete job we also carry out the following works:
- Security screens and doors are stripped of old mesh and spline rubber, given a new powder coat treatment and then refitted with new fly mesh and hardware
- If applicable, new fly screens are installed
- Rollers are replaced or repaired in windows and doors as well as sliding security doors to ensure all work like new
- New handles for doors and windows are installed if required
- New weather felts are installed on all windows & doors after painting
- Job site is thoroughly cleaned and all rubbished removed
On completion of all work, the finished job is inspected with the customer to ensure 100% satisfaction. All our work, materials and workmanship, is covered by a 7 year guarantee which is backed by Dulux.